Presently sponsored by: ScriptRunner - Get your free PowerShell Cheat Sheet!
Microsoft announced today that the new conference in May 2015 will be called Microsoft Ignite, and will be the all-in-one conference as announced previously this year.
Last July, we put the word out that Microsoft will host a unified enterprise technology conference in May. We told you it will bring together the best of previously individual events – the Management Summit, the Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, Project, and TechEd conferences – and then take it to the next level, based on what our customers and partners have asked for. Now, we have more to share.
– Frank X. Shaw, blogs.microsoft.com
If you’re looking for the next big conference – this is where you’ll find it!
The speaker lineup that is presented as of today is quite impressive and should be inspiring to listen to!
- Satya Nadella (Chief Executive Officer, Microsoft)
- Brad Anderson (Corporate Vice President, ECM, Microsoft)
- Julie Larson-Green (Chief Experience Officer, Applications and Services Group, Microsoft)
- Dave Campbell (Chief Technology Officer, Cloud & Enterprise, Microsoft)
- Joe Belfiore (Corporate Vice President, PC, Tablet and Phone, Microsoft)
- Peggy Johnson (Executive Vice President, Business Development, Microsoft)
Say what you will, but with these guys and gals lining up as featured speakers for the conference I’m pretty sure it’ll be a blast. Wow!
As per the Microsoft Ignite website, some of the featured products during the conference include:
- Office 365
- SQL Server
- System Center
- Visual Studio
- Windows Server
So is it worth it?
– Yes. Without a doubt in my mind, this is going to be one heck of an awesome conference. I’m glad that it’s not a SharePoint Conference anymore in the traditional sense, because there’s so much more going on than just SharePoint. Getting the grips on the broader perspective is important and I believe that a conference designed like this will be a huge hit. But that’s just me :-)
If nothing else, it’ll be a great opportunity to visit Chicago!