We talked about Azure Policy in one of the previous episodes (#25), and today we will talk about Azure Policy as Code. When and why should you use it, and what tools do you need to achieve this? We have Jesse Loudon (Azure MVP) as our expert guest to talk about this exciting topic! Also, Tobi asks Jesse an unexpected question.
Guest: Jesse Loudon
Jesse Loudon (@coder_au) is a Microsoft Azure MVP and Principal Consultant at LAB3 in Sydney, Australia. Jesse's mission statement is to democratize Azure Policy as Code. Over the past year Jesse has been actively advocating in the community across blogs posts, open-source GitHub repositories, and YouTube for greater Policy as Code adoption which drives repeatable, auditable, and scalable deployments for enterprises.
- What is Azure Policy? (Microsoft Docs)
- Azure Policy Extension for Visual Studio Code (Microsoft Docs)
- AzAdvertizer (AzAdvertizer.net)
- AzGovViz - Azure Governance Visualizer (GitHub)
- Understanding Azure Policies with Visual Studio Code (Tobias Zimmergren)
- Favorite Visual Studio Code extensions for Azure (Tobias Zimmergren)