A lot of people are asking about recommended SharePoint reading – good books and literature on the subject. Most things can be found online today, but sometimes you just can’t get around the fact that a well written book is great to have around you while travelling, going to bed (whoa, don’t take it to far!), on vacation or for whatever valid reason you’d like.
With that said, I’ll try to keep this list updated with my recommended reading instead of answering the same questions over and over again ;-)
Being a developer, of course the most of my recommended books are around the topic of SharePoint development. Here goes my personal favorites:
- Inside Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Inside Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Developer’s Guide to Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Inside the Index and Search Engines: Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Real World SharePoint 2007
- SharePoint: Building Office 2007 Solutions in C# 2005
- ASP.NET 3.5 in C# 2008 (not SharePoint, but a very good book on asp.net 3.5 development)
- Professional MOSS 2007 WCM
Architecture and planning
As per request, the books mentioned in this posts are books that I’ve got in my bookshelf and that I’ve (partly or completely) read myself. There’s tons of SharePoint-related books out on the global market today, and the bits in this article are meant as my personal recommendations to anyone looking for some pointers.