Most things can be found online today, but sometimes you just can’t get around the fact that a well written book is great to have around.
Being a developer, of course most of my recommended books are around the topic of SharePoint development. Here goes my personal favorites:
- Inside Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Inside Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Developer’s Guide to Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Inside the Index and Search Engines: Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Real World SharePoint 2007
- SharePoint: Building Office 2007 Solutions in C# 2005
- ASP.NET 3.5 in C# 2008 (not SharePoint, but a very good book on asp.net 3.5 development)
- Professional MOSS 2007 WCM
Architecture and planning
As per request, the books mentioned in these posts are books that I’ve got on my bookshelf and that I’ve (partly or completely) read myself. There are tons of SharePoint-related books out on the global market today, and the bits in this article are meant as my personal recommendations to anyone looking for some pointers.